Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Many Berkhamsted area books on sale


A few years ago all the good local second hand bookshops for miles around closed - but now they are being replaced by charity book shops - and some of them, such as the Oxfam shop in Berkhamsted, and another in St Albans are as good as some of the best of the past. This afternoon, while my wife was buying a new pair of shoes I glanced into the window of the Berkhamsted shop - and was staggered with what I saw. Every book in the window was related to Berkhamsted or neighbouring areas - and inside there were many more. I didn't count but there could well have been 80 to 100 different titles. I don't think I have seen such a display of local second hand books for sale for decades. If you live locally you may well be able to fill in some of the gaps in your own collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.