Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I've been Googled ! ! ! !

This morning I wanted to chase up a reference to the First World War and couldn't remember the web site URL I needed so I decided to Google "First World War" and half way down the first page something caught my eye.
Yes - there was my own face looking back at me - it may only be a small thumb - but it was definitely me.  What on earth was it doing there? At first I thought it was some trick advert which inserted my details into an advertising message but a quick check showed that it was genuine. A post on this newsletter - advertising the Herts Family History Society essay competition - had gone viral on plus.google.com and so far has collected 
847,119 views. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.