Thursday, May 1, 2014

Goodbye April, Welcome a relaxing May

I have had asthma all my life - and during April caught a cold which went to my chest. Not too serious except that it has left me exhausted - and relaxing watching the snooker on TV instead of updating the web site! The incompetent changes on FindMyPast (which hosts the Hertfordshire Parish registers) has also left me very frustrated. Despite the low number of posts the visitor activity on the web site and newsletter (both up on April last year) is very satisfactory. This may be because I am now notifying updates on twittter (@HertsGenealogy) and about half the tweets have been retweeted to a much wider audience.

As for May I have decided to take it easy, including catching up on a somewhat neglected garden.  I will be happy to answer suitable questions - and welcome new information and digital images which add to the usefulness of the site, such as the recent picture of Thomas Wright outside the Swan Inn in 1904/5. There could be a "Rural Relaxation" or two. Anything else will be a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.