Thursday, April 10, 2014

Change in URL


Google have decided that it is easier for them to apply the censorship rules of governments who do not believe in free speech if they unilaterally relocate blogs to the "country of origin". As a result this newsletter is now at


although the old URL will still find it. Needless to say I got no prior notification - and I have already had one report that the change has altered the user interface when making a comment. If anyone has any problems please let me know.

In theory this could be an "improvement" as after I started using the .com address I discovered that I was stuck with an American English spell checker. As far as I can seen the blogger now records me as "English (United Kingdom)" but the spelling checker still prefers color to colour! 

 The change also affects my other blog, which is now at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.