Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Watford Photographer & Miss Lena Love

Watford
When you start a piece of historical research you sometimes have no idea where it will lead. As I am currently rushed of my feet I was looking for a quick item for the next update of the web site. I recently purchased a carte de visite made by Dyke & Coy., of 96 Queen's Road, Watford. A quick check of the Hertfordshire trade directories showed that 1890 was the only year Dyke was listed. I foolishly thought that a short page with a copy of the picture and a brief timeline would only take a few minutes. It turns out that Colville Dyke (or Col. Dyke as he sometimes described himself) was not just a photographer. Little did I realise that, many hours later, I would still be busily chasing the seductively named Miss Lena Love all round the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.