Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Monthly Report, April 2013


Thanks to everyone who has commented on my post Future Plans for this web site, which I have found helpful. My plan to cut back to one day a week on Genealogy matters during the summer seems to be working - as I managed still  17 posts in April - and page views of the Newletter are holding up well with over 5500 in April compared with an average of approximately 6000 a month between November and March. Visitor numbers to the main site are down a little compared with April 2012, but well up on April 2010 and 2011.

The first part of May could be a bit quiet as some time ago I booked a seat on a coach trip to the National Archives at Kew and I may well write a report on the visit for the site. However the trip - plus preparation and follow up - could well take up 2 days of the allocated "genealogy time" for May - but I would hope to get at least 10 posts in sometime during the month.

Limiting the "genealogy time" has given me more time to relax doing other thing - such as attending local U3A meetings and other social activities - and planning a short holiday in Devon during the summer. This will be for a special 50th anniversary - but will mean some work as I need to do some preparation first. I need to spend more time swimming and on more energetic rural relaxations as over the winter I put on far too much weight (blame the duck) and need to get back on course,

I should warn you that my other blog Trapped by the Box is looking healthier with page views exceeding 1200 page views in April. A few days ago I added a paper From the Neuron to Human Intelligence: Part 1: The "Ideal Brain" Model, which show the relationship between the research I was doing at University 25 years ago and modern brain research. If this creates a  lot of interest it could mean I have less time available for genealogy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.